The Ledge Lighthouse was built in 1909 off the coast of New London Connecticut. A light keeper lived there, in the light, until 1987.
Local legends have the ghost of an early keeper, Ernie, haunting the house.
Recently the light has received much needed repairs, the house has been empty since the lights were automated.
These shots were taken during a trip on the Cross Sound Ferry. We passed the light on both our way out of New London and the return trip. This gave us the opportunity to photograph several different views and with different lighting.