The Second Presbyterian Church in Charleston. Well, the spire over trees lining Elizabeth street.
The church was built at 342 Meeting St., Charleston, South Carolina at the then substantial cost of $100,000, and on April 3, 1811, it was dedicated as “The Second Presbyterian Church of Charleston and Its Suburbs.”
“The church bell was given to the Confederacy in 1862 for use as cannon metal. Before the Civil War, the galleries were used by the church’s more than 200 black members. The sanctuary was renovated after a fire in 1959. Situated on one of the highest points in the city, the church appeared on mariners’ maps as “Flynn’s Church,” so called after the first pastor.” (Wikipedia)