This is one of the oldest churches in Charleston, it’s most recent building finished in 1814. There were major repairs since due to damage during the US Civil War and the earthquake of 1886
The current bells in the towers were first hung at St. Johns Church in Preston, Lancashire, England. They were brought over to replace bells used by the military in the Civil War.
The term ‘Scots’ is included in the church name since the congregation was founded by ‘a dozen Scots’ leaving the famed Circular Church.