Taken in the First Scots Presbyterian church yard. One of the many churches in the center of town here, Charleston.
Founded in 1731, this current building of brick was finished in 1814. Wooden structures don’t last long here. Only a single bell is here now, donated from St. Johns Church in Preston, Lancashire, England around 1886. The original bells were melted during the US Civil War. The earthquake of 1886 damaged most of Charleston but one tower in First Scots remained strong enough to hang a single St. Johns bell.
Note; Above, a Polaroid filter image of the entrance to First Scots.
Meeting Street, Charleston, South Carolina.