Old St. Andrews Parish Church was one of the ten original Anglican parishes set in 1706. Prior to the American Revolution the church was a first parish of the Church Of England.
The parish was the main house of worship in a given area, sanctioned by the Church of England (King), with small Chapels of Ease in the outlying plantation areas. There are 20 published posts on this site with various chapels, search for ‘Chapel of Ease’.
St. Andrews is in Charleston, on what is called plantation row. Several of the first, and largest, plantations are on the same road, along the Ashley River.
This was the parish for all the large plantations.
Living not far from here we have passed by St. Andrews for years, it’s always a comment how we need to stop in.
The spring flowers bloomed, pulling Ellen in like a magnet.
Charleston, South Carolina.